« Social Search |
| Google Social Networking »
January 22, 2004
Weblogging Ecosystem Workshop @ WWW2004, New York
There will be a "Workshop on the Weblogging Ecosystem: Aggregation, Analysis and Dynamics"
at the WWW2004 conference in New York, mid-May.
The "Weblogging Ecosystem" workshop will provide a forum for presentation and discussion of research into the dynamics, sociology, and mining of the blogsphere.
Topics of interest to the workshop include:
* Mapping and visualization of the blogsphere
* Weblog taxonomies: automatic and/or manual construction
* Automatic classification of weblog entries
* Weblog search engines
* Aggregate measures over the blogsphere
* Weblog mining and applications
* Dynamics of information flow across the blogsphere
* Methods for weblog census
* Weblog lifecycle
* Influence of blogsphere on the information landscape
* Alternative blog forms (radioblogs, photoblogs, etc.)
* Sociological studies of blogging
* Knowledge sharing applications of weblogs
A secondary goal of the workshop is to discuss the sharing of weblog datasets for use in research studies.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: social software
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Spolsky on Blog Comments: Scale matters
- "The internet's output is data, but its product is freedom"
- Andrew Keen: Rescuing 'Luddite' from the Luddites
- knowledge access as a public good
- viewing American class divisions through Facebook and MySpace
- Gorman, redux: The Siren Song of the Internet
- Mis-understanding Fred Wilson's 'Age and Entrepreneurship' argument
- The Future Belongs to Those Who Take The Present For Granted: A return to Fred Wilson's "age question"