« Nomic World |
| BBS in China »
May 28, 2004
Nancy White gets started blogging
Long-time online community expert Nancy White has finally started her own weblog (did she hear my plea ?). The online community toolkit that she’s been building for years is chock-full of great material, which I suppose she’ll do us the pleasure of introducing bit by bit.
A recent post reports on an experiment I’d been meaning to try but had yet to find the right conditions for: having group of chat participants listen the same music while chatting - much as would happen at a party - as a means of creating a shared atmosphere and giving participants a better sense of togetherness. Apparently it turned out very well… I’ll really have to try it. Webjay could make it quite easy.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: social software
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Spolsky on Blog Comments: Scale matters
- "The internet's output is data, but its product is freedom"
- Andrew Keen: Rescuing 'Luddite' from the Luddites
- knowledge access as a public good
- viewing American class divisions through Facebook and MySpace
- Gorman, redux: The Siren Song of the Internet
- Mis-understanding Fred Wilson's 'Age and Entrepreneurship' argument
- The Future Belongs to Those Who Take The Present For Granted: A return to Fred Wilson's "age question"